Every single person I know and who I have ever worked with can totally vouch for needing of a 3pm pick me up! If they don’t then those people are liars!
Throughout my career the 3pm pick me up has taken many forms. Chocolate, nuts, lollies, biscuits, you know the usual. But none I love more then is a whipped up home-baked treat. Such goodness!
One of the favs at our studio is none other then a good old choc-chip cookie. And we thought because we are lovers and sharers that we would pass on our trusty recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
150g unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup choc dots
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 32×28 cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugars and yolk in small mixing bowl until light and creamy. Add essence, beat until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl; add flour and 2/3 choc dots. Using a metal spoon, stir until ingredients are just combined.
4. Using fingers, press mixture together to form a soft dough. Roll one tablespoon of mixture at a time into a ball.
5. Press remaining dots on top of balls. Arrange on the prepared tray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned, allow to cool.